Messes are a natural part of life. However, with very little effort you can make your apartment seem cleaner than it actually is. Now you won't have to worry about your friends or anyone else dropping by unexpectedly. Here are a few tips to keep your place looking much cleaner than it really is:
Decoration Tips to Make Your Apartment Look Cleaner
- Simplify the color scheme: Try to avoid a lot of different colors. When you keep to several shades of the same color, your place will seem more put-together and spacious.
- Keep heights of furniture uniform: When you have mismatched chairs of different heights, it creates a visual distraction, making your place seem a little more chaotic. Keep the majority of your furniture around the same height to create a continuous visual line that is pleasing to the eye.
- Don't mix and match styles: It's okay to have a couple different styles that complement each other in a natural way, especially if they share a common element, such as color or time period. Too many styles, however, can be very distracting and busy, making your place seem messier than it really is.
- Large pieces of art: It can be hard to get the look right with multiple pieces of art or photography hung in different frames. As much fun as it is to have a gallery on your wall, one large piece of artwork draws the eye in and leaves room for contemplation.
- Aim for symmetry: Symmetry is an easy way to create a sense of order, purpose, and calm in your apartment. Face chairs against couches, separated by a coffee table. Have a mirror on one wall facing a work of art on an opposite wall. Just don't overdo it, or it will seem unnatural.